Volunteer in Medical / Dental Programs
Volunteer Medical/Dental Missions & internships in Kenya
Dates: Available All the Year Round
You will End the Kenya Medical/Dental Missions and Internships opportunity enlightening and rewarding. It’s a great opportunity to donate your skills and time to helping others in need, while gaining hands-on medical experience and learning firsthand about medical care in Kenya.
Medical and Dental Interns work in hospitals, small clinics, old age Homes orphanages and shelter homes to assist the staff in the treatment of patients. They can educate and guide these disadvantaged people about sanitation, hygiene, nutrition and provide first aid to people with Medical outreach programs Kenya, volunteer medical mission Kenya, medical outreach mission in Kenya, volunteer mission in Kenya, medical mission , medical internships small injuries, taking patients history counselling patients, providing assurance and moral support to patients' family, disbursing minor drugs, administering shots, drawing blood, holding babies while they are being treated, helping to screen and organize patients, assisting staff with getting medicines/supplies.
Volunteers will be staying with a local host family in order to experience the culture of the local people.
Benefits to the Volunteers:
- Learn more about tropical diseases in Africa e.g. Malaria.
- Learn more about infectious diseases and issues to do with public health
- See hands on the effects of HIV/AIDS.
- Learn more about the medical systems and procedures here in Kenya.
- Apply for academic medical credits in the school back home.
- Learn about the culture of the local people,
- Visit many other places while in Kenya e.g. historical sites,
- Make a vivid comparison of Kenya and home country.
- Help in alleviating the shortage of medical staff thus contributing towards reducing the mortality rates.
- Open up doors for many other interns all over the world to participate by being part of the pilot project,
- Make long lasting friendships with the local people.
Length of Commitment:
Minimum of two weeks and a maximum of 1 year before renewing the commitment.
Accommodation will be provided onsite, family host or local guests houses.
Medical and Dental volunteers/interns perform and generally helping out whatever capacity they might need you.
Any general volunteer who can help in any way; we would also like persons in the medical profession.
The Mission/Internship will cost you
- Please email us on email@example.com for charges
- Extra Week : Email us for more details on this
Minimum duration 2 Weeks
Maximum duration 1 Year
Included in Program Fee
- All Food
- All Accommodations
- Airport Pickup/Drop off
- Transfer to Project Location
- Sim Card for your Cell Phone
Not included in Program Fee
- Visa Fee
- Phone Calls
- Daily Transport